Our experienced dentist may recommend composite dental fillings to repair your teeth and smile. This simple restorative treatment is usually provided for teeth with cavities or other minor tooth damage and works using tooth-colored material to restore the health, strength and appearance of your teeth and smile. Call Emergency Dental & Dentures 24-7 today at 954-531-6689 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gabriel Jaramillo and learn more about composite dental fillings in Pompano Beach, Florida.
A dental filling is a restoration used to repair minor to moderate tooth damage, such as that caused by a cavity, by minor fracturing or by chipping. Fillings work by literally “filling in” the damaged portion of the tooth to restore its original structure and function. Our dentist and team use only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material, which matches the natural color of your teeth to give you a more aesthetic final result. Composite fillings have many benefits, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth and provides more support for the tooth’s structure.
- Reduced risk of future breaking or fracturing in the treated tooth.
- Greater insulation from temperature changes caused by foods or beverages.
- Better seals around the treatment area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks.
- The ability to repair cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings.
- A less invasive overall treatment which preserves more of your natural tooth structure.
- Easy repair or replacement if needed.
- No mercury or other metals, giving you a healthier overall treatment.
Your filling can be placed in a single visit to our dentist and team. We will first remove the decayed and damaged portion of the tooth and thoroughly clean it to remove all traces of decay. Our dentist will select a filling that matches the shade of your natural teeth and apply it to the tooth. The filling will be shaped to match the contours of your tooth, then hardened and polished to give you a lasting restoration.
Please feel free to contact our team if you have any questions about dental fillings or to schedule an appointment with our skilled dentist.